What requirements do the drivers have to meet?
To be a SocialCar driver you must meet the following requirements:
- 1. Be a Spanish citizen (with a DNI) or a resident in Spanish territory (with a NIE). Foreign nationals must send a copy of their passport and driving license to the owner.
- 2. Hold a Spanish, European or International ‘B’ class driving license that is valid in Spain and that is at least 1 year old. Drivers must be over 21 years of age for all vehicles.
- 3. Not have been charged with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the last 3 years.
- 4. Not have been charged for reckless driving and/or driving without insurance.
- 5. The driver must at least 6 points remaining on their driving license.
- 6. He or she must also have a valid debit or credit card with which to make online payments.
The owner of the vehicle may deny a driver permission to drive his or her vehicle if:
- 1. The driver is not fit to drive or is not the person identified on the booking.
- 2. The driver not meet the above requirements to be a SocialCar driver.
- 3. There is evidence that the driver intends to use the vehicle in a manner that is contrary to the SocialCar contract (to transport hazardous materials, etc.).
- More information in terms and conditions.
It is always the owner who decides whether to accept the driver or not.