What happens if there is an accident or breakdown?
It is very unusual that something goes wrong during a rental. But if it does happen, you have insurance and roadside assistance to sort out any the problem quickly and effectively. These are the standard steps you should take:
In the case of a breakdown:
- Call roadside assistance. If the problem is repaired, continue with the rental as planned.
- If the fault cannot be repaired, call SocialCar and the vehicle owner to inform them. Roadside assistance will take the car to the nearest garage or to the owner’s usual garage. They will also take the driver of the vehicle to the point where their journey started or where it was going to end (depending on the circumstances).
- SocialCar will return part of rental corresponding to the unused rental period.
In case of an accident:
- If there is no other driver involved, the process is the same as with a breakdown.
- If there is another driver involved, they must jointly fill in the accident statement to be sent to SocialCar.
- In the case of a breakdown, the driver is only responsible if the fault is caused by misuse of the vehicle during the rental period.
To inform SocialCar of these types of issue, email email@example.com. You also have an emergency phone to call until 11pm, as well as weekends and holidays. You can see the emergency phone number in your rent contract.